Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Even If The Sun Doesn't Shine


I am in love with the deep curiousity and action of my young children. They can seemingly take any activity and find the best parts, you know?

Right now:

:: paper boats and mud puddles

:: relearning to knit garter stitch

:: acting out Calvin and Hobbes (hehe!)

:: wanting to cook and cook and cook

Sometimes I have to step in and curb a little of what they want to do for what needs to get done - but for the most part I let them at it. You only get one childhood!

There's still plenty of riding bikes too because - really - the best part of riding a bike is done with boots on and through huge puddles! A quick shoutout for Kaiya's Skuut manufacturers - last week her back tire popped and they just sent us a new one in the mail, free of charge. I love great customer service like that!

What are your kids doing know that the weather has turned? (or will turn soon, or doesn't turn as the case may be)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Calvin & Hobbes - we love those comics. My boys have acted out a lot of those too.

Jessica said...

I LOVED Calvin & Hobbes growing up and I'm so glad Jake does too! He doesn't seem to actually get a lot of the humor bu then, he is 9. ;)